My new group

For those of you who don't know, about a month ago, I signed on to lead the 6th grade guys Student Community Group. Tonight was our first night and it was a lot of fun. We talked about expectations and how in order for you to have your expectations met, you have to be willing to do something to meet those expectations. In our group, in order to get something out of it, you have to be willing to answer questions, to invest in your relationship with God, and to connect with others so that you can learn about God, grow spiritually, and build friendships with others. That's what group is all about.

It's also exciting to be able to reach out to guys who are just beginning their walk with Christ. When I was their age, I knew how to find Bible verses and had even memorized some. But these guys are just learning about the Christian walk and I'm excited to help them grow closer to Christ not only through prayer and study of the Bible, but also by investing in their lives. I can't wait to see what's in store.

Comments

Popular Posts