6th Grade

Sixth grade was one of the most significant years of my life. Not because of what happened that year, but because of what it taught me. To say I went through trouble would be putting it lightly. But through it all God taught me 2 things:

1. Love and pray for your enemies
2. Love the outsiders and the outcast.


These 2 things are something that are part of who I am. And had I not gone through what I went through, I may have not learned those 2 things. Also, had I not had people who were there to encourage me, I definitely would not have been who I am today.

For this reason and several others, I am excited that I will be leading the 6th grade guys' community group at WEC. I know that 6th grade can be a hard time for a lot of guys. It's a new environment and there are new people, but more than anything else, 6th grade is a time where either you are identified by the way God sees you, or you get identified by what other people see. This was the reality I lived in. It was my parents and other adults and friends who had to remind me that it's how God looks at us that matters. This is who I want to be for the guys I lead, a person they can count on. A person who invests in their lives and pours into them truth and encouragement and support.

This is also a way God can use me. Before I accepted the job of leading the 6th grade boys group, I had been praying and looking for an opportunity for God to stretch me and a way to further glorify Him through what I do. This is why I'm most excited, I get to show Christ to the guys I'll be leading. I pray I will be used by Him to change their lives.

Comments

Popular Posts