Labor Day and Isaiah

Ah, I love 3 day weekends. A time to unwind, relax, and have some fun. Today I've already seen a movie and gotten a free sandwich at Chick-Fil-A. Gotta love those promotions! I also have spent some time just relaxing and thinking about life. This morning I read from Isaiah 6 where God calls out to Isaiah after he has entered into His presence. Isaiah said what I think I would say if I were in His presence. "Woe is me, for I am slain!" That pretty much would sum up my feelings, that is if I could speak. But then God asks who he will send to give a message to Israel and Isaiah does the unthinkable and says, "Here am I."

One person told me that the scariest prayer you can ask God is "use me." Why? Because He will answer it and often he will call you to something that will test you and force you to come face to face with your fears. Will you be like Isaiah and be ready and willing or will you choose to let God pass by? The choice is up to you.

Comments

Popular Posts