So, I think it's time to reflect on the best and worst things of 2008.
1. My brother graduated from ODU.
2. The 5 movies I saw at the Naro (Frozen River, Synecdoche, New York , Encounters at the End of the World, Rachel Getting Married, It's a Wonderful Life)
3. Creation Fest ('nuff said)
4. Seeing Switchfoot 3 times in the same year and backstage twice.
5. Being first in line at the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight in IMAX.
6. Sharing in my best friend's first concert experience.
7. The Olympics
8. Christmas Eve at Waters Edge
9. Easter at Waters Edge (all those eggs)
10. Feeding the homeless
1. The 2008 election and everything that went with it (I'm so glad we're not getting called anymore)
2. The Russia / Georgia conflict
3. The death of many notable people (Heath Ledger, Paul Newman, Charlton Heston, Bobby Fischer, Arthur C. Clarke, Sydney Pollack, Tim Russert, Bernie Mac, Leroi Moore)
4. Bad movies that I saw (Jumper, Quantum of Solace)
5. The Pothen move (but that was really just sad, not bad)
6. The economic crisis and how it is still affecting so many people.
I am really thankful for all the good things that happened to me this year, but sometimes I need to remind myself that the world's flawed, and that I have been blessed by God. That's why I put the worst there. I am so thankful for what God's given to me this year. I hope you are as well.
But now I look forward to 2009, hoping that this year will be even better than the last and that above all else, my life would be used to shine God's light into someone's life.