Return

So, this past week, I had been thinking a lot about what Stu, my pastor, said about having your mind set on your real home, heaven. I even put up a post of a song that went through my head after hearing him preach. Anyway, as I was thinking about it I couldn't help but think that we, as Christians, are also waiting for the King of heaven to return. You see, Jesus is still alive! One day He will return and take back those who follow Him to heaven. While I was thinking about this it was as if God was trying to affirm what my Spirit was telling me and the next day in my devotional Bible I read Luke 17. In this chapter Luke tells of when Jesus spoke of the end times and His eventual return. He spoke of the conditions that the world will be in and what will happen on that glorious day. He says that it will be like the times of Noah and of Lot. A time when the world is being rebellious. Here's how he described it.
On that day, the one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise the one who is in the field must not turn back.
You see Jesus knew that there are people who cling to this world, who consider this world their home. But just as my pastor Stu said, we should realize that our King is alive and that one day we will meet Him, or He will come and meet us. That's the beauty of Christianity, not only does God promise us eternal life, but He paves the way to Him. Only in Christianity do we have a God that is willing to go all the way to death so that we might be with Him. It's a privilege to follow Him by giving Him our lives. I think that's probably why Jesus followed up in Luke by saying this
Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.


Amen. I hope you can rise to the challenge.

Comments

Popular Posts