On this day, 25 years ago, I was born and 25 years later I realize that I have accomplished a lot and have been blessed with much.
Here's a few things I could come up with:
1. I have been to another country (Zimbabwe)
2. I've seen some amazing wonders of the world (The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, Niagara Falls, Foamhenge)
3. I graduated from a university (ODU), go Monarchs!
4. I have had friends whom I've known for a very long time. You know who you are.
5. I've known my best friend for 15 years.
6. I have a job.
7. I play a musical instrument
8. I've seen many Broadway productions (Les Miserables, Oliver!, The Phantom of the Opera, The Sound of Music, Annie)
But all of these things fade in comparison to the fact that I know and have a personal relationship with the God who created me through the blood of His son Jesus Christ. Words cannot express my sheer gratefulness (which oddly enough we're talking about in Kid Kraze this month) to God for coming and invading my soul despite my sinfulness.
It's been quite a ride and I am so thankful for everyone who has been a part of it thus far. Even if you just interacted with me for just a short time, you may have impacted a huge part of my life and I thank you for that.
I also want to put a shout-out to all my blog followers. Love ya guys!
So what have I done for my birthday? I'm glad you asked.
My mom made a great meal last night for me and my brother came down to eat it with us. My sister is at Tech, so obviously she couldn't make it. I opened presents and we just chatted about life which was pretty sweet.
Today, the day of, I went to church and a lot of people wished Happy Birthday to me and I got to teach the 2nd graders today in Kid Kraze, which was great! I think the best part, though, was when the band played "From the Inside Out" That's my new favorite worship song that the band plays. There's just something about it that makes my heart soar. Tonight, I will be doing something crazy awesome with my bff, Josh and probably hit up Starbucks, especially since I missed last week.
Well, I will return in the near future, but until then this is David Ferrell ... out.