Ghosts, friends, and frisbee in the wind

So on Tuesdays I go play Ultimate Frisbee with some friends in a baseball field behind a church. I've gotten in the habit of doing this every week and expect to have a fairly good time. This week was no exception. However, here in Hampton Roads, the wind was blowing pretty steadily and hard while we were playing Frisbee as well as being quite cold. If you've ever played Ultimate Frisbee in the wind, you know what I'm talking about. The predictability of where the Frisbee will go is basically zero. Needless to say, it was a frustrating game because nearly every throw would go somewhere other than what I or any of my teammates intended. But it was also really fun to watch as well.

Today, I went out to see Ghost Town starring Ricky Gervaise and Greg Kinnear. The movie was pretty funny and very well acted, especially by Gervaise. Gervaise dentist Bertram Pincas who dies for 7 minutes and then when he returns to life can see ghosts, including one named Frank (Kinnear) who persuades Pincus to woo his ex-wife in order to break her up from her fiance. What follows is a journey of human emotions that Pincus has not experienced before and ultimately ends in realizing that there's something more to life than doing everything for yourself. I would highly recommend this movie and give it 3.5 out of 4 stars. I saw it with my friend Bryan.

Well, that's all for now.

Check y'all later.

Comments

  1. David, one suggestion (if you don't mind). I read somewhere that a good blog should be about one thing. For example instead of making this blog one longer blog why not make it two shorter blogs. One about frisbee and one about the movie. Make sense? Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts