An Amazing weekend

So three things happened this weekend which were amazing.

1. A birthday party with friends
2. I attended my first baby shower
3. SWITCHFOOT!!!!


So let's start with number 1. First off, it was my good friend Alicia's birthday. We had some great food, and a great time of fellowship and I ended up having a very in depth conversation with another friend, Josh, not my best friend, but another Josh, about unity, the need to not be judgmental, and God's grace. Yeah, it was a long conversation, but a great one. After we all ate, a number of people had left and we ended up watching a Science channel special called "Volcanoes of the Deep". It was about underwater steam vents. It was fascinating to watch and what's more is that the volume was turned down so we couldn't here it and we tried to describe what we were seeing. That was pretty funny.

2. The baby shower was quite funny. We played "Guess the Baby Food". Numbered jars of baby food with numbers on them and we tried to guess what each number was. We also played a game where we tried not to say the word "baby" for the entire duration of lunch and we also played baby trivia. I think a good time was had by all.

3. Switchfoot was freaking AMAZING as always. This is my 3rd time seeing them this year and they never fail to please. I was really glad that they switched up there set a little bit for this tour and I didn't hear the same stuff as the last two shows. They also put on the best performance in my opinion and were the main reason I went. That being said, none of the other bands were bad. "Red" opened up before the "official" time started. They were alright. For a Christian Rock group, they were better than some bands I've heard live, like Pillar, which has great CDs but sings off key in concert. But that's another story. Jars of Clay opened up at 6 and I must say they did quite well. They busted out some old school too. Love Song For A Savior was probably my fave that they played although I wasn't disappointed with any of there songs. Robert Randolph came on next and let me just this: that man can play a pedal guitar. Just youtube him. He's freaking amazing on that instrument. Switchfoot came after RR, and gave the best performance of the night. Third Day came afterwards. Although I'm not a big fan of Third Day, mainly cuz they're too country for me, they do put on quite a production and there were a couple of songs that I enjoyed thoroughly such as Thief and "God of Wonders".

All in all, this weekend is one of the best I've had in a while, thanks mostly to great friends and a God who continually blesses my life.

Catch y'all later. This is D-Ferr out.

Comments

Popular Posts