Here am I

So my pastor Stu was talking about risk this Sunday, about how God often calls us to do things that are risky and that we should respond with obedience and be willing to trust Him enough to carry us through.

Well, I've been reading through Isaiah recently and on the same day that Stu preached, I read the passage in chapter 6 where Isaiah has his vision and he sees seraphim crying out "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!" At this Isaiah is frightened and thinks in serious trouble because he is unclean and in the presence of the Lord. A live coal is then placed on his tongue by one of the seraphim and he is made clean. Then a remarkable thing happened. Isaiah heard the voice of God. He said,

"Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?"

and Isaiah replied, "Here am I! Send me."

Oh how my heart rejoices at that response. Without question, without hesitation, without reservation, Isaiah boldly steps up to the plate without any worry in His heart and willing to take whatever risk should come his way because he knows the One who called Him.

What's more interesting is what God had Isaiah do. Basically he told Isaiah to go tell the people that they're hearing and seeing God, but not understanding. He also told Isaiah to make the people turn away lest they should repent and turn back to God.

This was no easy task, but before God even told Him what was in store, Isaiah showed his faith and riskiness by stepping out for what God wanted to be done.


Ok, so now for some funny stuff. I was browsing YouTube, looking for some Jetsons stuff and I came across this video and the title just made me laugh so hard Here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGRFbYv5KCg&feature=related

Comments

Popular Posts