Storm

There's just something about thunderstorms that simultaneously make me happy and sad all at once. They are strangely beautiful, but yet have the power to wreak havoc on the land beneath them. Storms can reshape land and even create caverns and beautiful places such as the grand canyon. But what's even more remarkable is the mystery of them. At any given time on this planet there is a storm brewing somewhere. And their duration is only determined by the God who created them. Sure, we can estimate the size and intensity of a storm, but we're only just giving our best guess. What's even more interesting is some of the most powerful storms only last minutes. Take a tornado for instance. Lasts mere moments, but has the potential to wipe out an entire city. Being a native of VA, I saw this recently. I'm sure everyone in the country has heard of the tornado that hit Suffolk. Living so close, it made me step back and think. Thoughts like life is short and we should take advantage of every moment we have or take care of the needy came rushing to my mind. However, the overwhelming thought kept coming back is that I serve a powerful God. Even the winds and the waves obey him. Did God destroy the houses in Suffolk? Personally, I don't think he did. But this gets into an argument on the problem of evil, and that's not what I intend to talk about. Instead, I wish to talk about the awe and majesty of our Creator who has control over every part of nature. But what amazes me even more is that a God who can do all that lives inside of me and desires to talk to me and be with me everyday. Well, I think that's enough to chew on for today. Drop me a line if you so desire. Peace!

--David

Comments

Popular Posts