Self Denial

So lately I've been hearing more and more of this one idea from God. And I know that some of you reading this may not believe in God, but I'm a Christian and sometimes I can't help but talk about what I'm learning in my life and how God is working in it.

But back to the topic at hand: Self denial. My pastor talked about the Israelites creating the golden calf to satisfy their desire to worship something while God was with Moses on Mount Sinai. And I think I do that too in my own life. It may not be a golden calf, but I substitute God for someone or something else for my own selfish desires.

So I'm admit that I fall victim of selfishness, but more and more God is revealing to me things that I do that are selfish and I'm in the process of doing the right thing and putting God back into the place He belongs in my life.

I challenge you all to take an inward look and examine your own life. I'm not trying to brow beat you. I'm trying to get you to know the God who loves you and draw closer to Him.

I love you guys, that's why I'm saying this. God Bless you all.

Comments

Popular Posts