Beyond the Wall of the Cubicle

Have you ever felt trapped in your 9 to 5? Have you ever felt like there's got to be something more to your work than what you do everyday? I feel that way a lot. In fact, right now at my job it's always hard to be satisfied with what I do. I've been working the same job for 2 years and to say I'm tired of it would be an extreme understatement. To add to that, I'm surrounded by negativity. People who constantly complain about their job or stating the way he or she thinks the company should be run. I get so sick of it sometimes. Sometimes I just want to say, "If that's the way you feel about your work, why are you still here?" Of course, I restrain myself and try to get my work done, but it's always hard.

Anyway, I shared all of this with one of my dearest friends and she reminded me that there's more to life than what I do at work everyday, that God has called me to something higher. Work is supposed to be a way to glorify God and honor Him through what you do. Not only that, but in everything you do throughout the day you have an opportunity to show your love for your Creator. I just need to be reminded of that sometimes. I believe God placed inside me a desire for something more that is insatiable outside of His plan for my life. He's laid before me a path to follow and I must choose to follow it in order to experience the best life has to offer. When I make my desires match His, man, it's a beautiful experience.

Will you follow yours?

Take care guys.

Comments

Popular Posts