Purpose and Perspective.

I'm sitting at work today and my mind wanders like it always does and I start thinking about life and for what I'm really living. What is my purpose? I came to the conclusion that as a Christian my purpose should be to do everything to glorify God. I also then proceeded to think about what my purpose at work really is. To the average American, work is just what you do, it's what you do to get by in life without being a bum. It's what you do to make money so one day you can retire, sit on your rocker on the screened-in porch and read when you're not golfing. To me that sounds like a very uninteresting and unexciting way to live out you're golden years. But sadly, it's what most Americans try to achieve. It's the so called "American Dream". But once you've changed your perspective and take a look outside of yourself, your purpose at work becomes crystal clear. At least this was the case with me. Once I started thinking about it, the spiritual world is more real than this one. God's allowed me to be able to "jack in" to this "realm" and experience just a taste of it from time to time. When I'm rockin out to praise music in my car, when I'm reading His Word, or when I'm in prayer. And then I thought: more people should experience this rush, this experience, this life. Jesus said, "I came that you may have life and have it to the full." Some translations say "more abundant" So there you have it. My purpose, and in my opinion all Christians' purpose, is to share with others about the abundant life. Sometimes it just takes the right perspective to realize it.

-typing from the Ferrell den this is David Ferrell signing out

P.S. I love you all

Comments

Popular Posts