The Baptism of the Holy Spirit

As promised, I have decided to undertake talking about the baptism of the Holy Spirit. What is it? What does it mean. Some Christians believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit comes via salvation. I am one of those Christians who does not. I think there is a difference between having the Holy Spirit and being baptized in the Holy Spirit. I also believe that just as water baptism should be performed only after salvation, so the baptism of the Holy Spirit should be. Of course now the question is what is it?

Well, the Bible says a few things on the subject, notably in the little-read book of Joel. It says in chapter 2 verses 28 and 29 this: "It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions." You guys may not hear me or believe what I am about to say, but I'm going to say it anyway. What happened at Pentecost and what Joel prophesied thousands of years ago can happen to you today. You can speak in tongues. You can begin to prophesy, you can have visions, you can dream dreams. If you ask God to baptize you with the Holy Spirit, he will do it for you.

I was baptized by the Holy Spirit back in November. After receiving it, I immediately began to speak in tongues. A vision of ODU giving glory to God came to me. God began to speak to me in ways I couldn't imagine. And I truly believe He can and will do more through me.

Hear this, O people of God! God still does miracles! Visions, healing, prophecy, crazy things of God still happen. Just taking that leap of faith is all that is required. If you would like to receive that baptism of the Holy Spirit, I would love to talk to you about it. You may be saved, and I thank God for that. But is your heart longing for more? Do you want to experience Him?

You may or may not agree with what I'm saying even if you are a Christian. But I know this, I believe it to be true.

May the power of God be evident in your life. May you not be comfortable. May everyday be another chance to give Him the glory. To Him be all the honor, praise, and glory be forevermore.

I love you guys.

David Ferrell

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Don't our human heart also long for more. Even once we know Christ we never put that human longing for more to rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts