Awakening: Passion 2010






A New Year is generally sign of new beginnings and I would have to say that this year was definitely not an exception. This year I went to Passion 2010. For those of you who are unfamiliar with what Passion is, here's a little bit of what it is. It's a time where students and young adults between the ages of 18-26 come together to glorify God, worship together , and hear teachings from some of the best speakers around. But more than that, it's a time to meet God, glorify His name, and do our part to bring justice to the world the 4 days we are there.

This year the speakers were Beth Moore, Francis Chan, Andy Stanley, Louie Giglio, and John Piper. The worship leaders were Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Charlie Hall, David Crowder*Band, Christy Nockels, Kristian Stanfill, Fee, and Hillsong United. All of the people involved did a fantastic job of not just making Passion an event, but a time where hearts were united to glorify God and to awaken to a new revelation of who God is. For me, it was as if God was saying, "Hey, you want to see a little more of who I am? Here you go!" I was blown away and for a brief time, I felt like I got to experience what heaven is going to be like. It was that great and now, I can't wait to see where God is going to bring me.

It should also be said that the college students raised $724,480.42 for 12 organizations that do ministry all across the world. Not only that, but a family at Passion matched what we gave when the total was $668.597.00. So the total given was $1,393,077.42 ! Wow!

I also met a group of people with whom I bonded during the four days I was there. They were my family group. God used them to speak truth into my life and also had the privilege of being a small part of God moving in their lives. Without a doubt, that was my favorite part. Worship and preaching are good, but what use would it be if I went to Passion and my life didn't change? It would just be an event. Thankfully God showed up and rocked my world.

Comments

Popular Posts