Yellowstone





So, this year for vacation my parents and I decided to go to another National Park. In 2006, I had the privilege of going with them to visit the Grand Canyon. That trip was amazing and I couldn't help but stand in awe of what God had created. This time, we went to Yellowstone National Park, located in the northeast corner of the great state of Wyoming. We started our trip by flying out to Salt Lake City. There we visited temple square, which was beautiful, but also unsettling, because the entire area was a monument to a god I don't worship. From there we drove to Antelope Island and got to see the actual Salt Lake. There we had our first sighting of the American Bison as well as antelope. The next day we drove to Jackson, WY, just outside of Grand Teton National Park. The Grand Tetons were gorgeous and were unlike any other mountain range I'd ever seen. We saw a lot of sights there including the town of Jackson and a river tour of the Snake River. Once we were out of Jackson, we made our way to Yellowstone. We saw lots of sites there. To list them all would take way too much time, but here's some highlights:

Firehole Canyon
The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
Old Faithful
Norris Geyser Basin
The Grand Prismatic Spring
Steamboat Geyser

Overall, it was amazing and once again I was amazed by God and his creation.

Comments

Popular Posts