The Beauty of Your Heart

Every man is entitled to write one cheesy love song in his life. This is mine.

The Beauty of Your Heart


I could hold you close and never let you go.
I could stare into your eyes like I'm watching a TV show.
I would travel across the ocean and talk for a while
Just to see you smile.

But what keeps you on my mind
Is what I see on the inside.

You're beyond anything that I could ever dream
You're more beautiful than anything I've seen
But your beauty is not defined
By what I see on the outside.
The reason why I loved you from the start
Is the beauty of your heart.
--End of Song

Now it still needs a little work, but that's what I got so far. Oh and one more thing. As promised, the blog question.

Do you know who Dietrich Bonhoeffer is? If not, look him up.

Comments

  1. There's potential in the song, but you're right: it is cheesy. Or rather, the first verse is. There's something near poetic about it, but it's a bit too general.

    I do like the pre-chorus and chorus section, however.

    So my advice: Clean up the verses, and add more detail behind your feelings instead of keeping it general. Really dig deep and express the inexpressible emotions in your soul, as oxymoronic (or just plain moronic) as that sounds.

    And yes, I know who Bonhoeffer is. Though that's no surprise to you, I hope. Considering we heard the radio drama together. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts