Awaiting my Bride

So I was reading Genesis 24 today and I come across the part where Abraham commands his servant to go and find a wife for his son, Isaac. What's interesting about this passage is the way in which the servant goes about looking for Rebekah, Isaac's bride. Basically it's a complete submission and supplication to God. The servant asks for a sign from God and before he can finish praying, Rebekah appears. And of course, I got to thinking.

Many times I find myself seeking the opposite sex for selfish reasons, for my own personal wants, my pleasures. Often I find myself trying in my own strength to find something that God wants to give me.

So today I'm trying something new. Today, I'm going to lay aside my selfish needs, my wants and try with all I can to submit to what God wants me to have in a bride. And frankly His opinion is all that matters to me. So I will pray for my bride to be the woman that God wants for my life, because after all, He's got my interests in mind as well and knows what's best for me and if I follow Him, He will give me the desires of my heart.

So here I stand O God, submitting to Your will, and eagerly awaiting my bride.

Comments

Popular Posts